Ancient Wisdom: 21 Famous Aristotle Quotes
The life lessons left behind by the Greek philosopher Aristotle are undoubtedly timeless. Here are some of his famous quotes!
Although many years have passed since his death, surely we modern humans have much to learn from what the ancient sage left to posterity.
We present several famous Aristotle quotes passed on from generation to generation that will surely make you ponder on their deep inner meanings and implications.
Famous Aristotle Quotes
1. Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.
2. It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
3. Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
4. Without friends, no one would want to live, even if he had all other goods.
5. It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
6. Virtue lies in our power, and similarly so does vice; because where it is in our power to act, it is also in our power not to act.
7. Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.
8. The wise man does not expose himself needlessly to danger, since there are few things for which he cares sufficiently; but he is willing, in great crises to give even his life-knowing that under certain conditions it is not worthwhile to live.
9. Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a god.
10. We praise a man who feels angry on the right grounds and against the right persons and also in the right manner at the right moment and for the right length of time.
11. Moral excellence comes about as a result of habit. We become just by doing just acts, temperate by doing temperate acts, brave by doing brave acts.
12. The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
13. Those who know, do. Those who understand, teach.
14. To run away from trouble is a form of cowardice and, while it is true that the suicide braves death, he does it not for some noble object but to escape some ill.
15. We must no more ask whether the soul and body are one than ask whether the wax and the figure impressed on it are one.
16. You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
17. Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.
18. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
19. He who cannot be a good follower cannot be a good leader
20. To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.
21. Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient.