Known for his extraordinary scientific achievements as well as his wisdom and ability to understand the world around him, Albert Einstein was undoubtedly one of the greatest thinkers of all time who left his mark on humanity.
He was no ordinary may. Some say he was the most intelligent person that ever lived.
Let's explore some of Albert Einstein's pieces of advice and thoughts about life passed on to posterity that will surely make you pounder.
Famous Albert Einstein Quotes
1. "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly."
2. "Human knowledge and skills alone cannot lead humanity to a happy and dignified life. Humanity has every reason to place the proclaimers of high moral standards and values above the discoverers of objective truth."
3. "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are incapable of forming such opinions."
4. "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
5. "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day."
6. "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
7. "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
8. "Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value. He is considered successful in our day who gets more out of life than he puts in. But a man of value will give more than he receives."
9. "One thing that humbles me deeply is to see that human genius has its limits while human stupidity does not."
10. "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."
11. "Nature shows us only the tail of the lion. But I have no doubt that the lion belongs with it even if he cannot reveal himself all at once. We see him only the way a louse that sits upon him would."
12. "Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."
13. "My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble minds."
14. "Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding."
15. "I never think of the future, it comes soon enough."
16. "Reality is only an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
17. "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving."
18. "I am at all events convinced that He (God) does not play dice."
19. "A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
20. "I am satisfied with the mystery of the eternity of life and with the awareness and a glimpse of the marvelous structure of the existing world, together with the devoted striving to comprehend a portion, be it ever so tiny, of the Reason that manifests itself in nature".
21. "One may say the eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility."
22. "Strange is our situation here on earth. Each of us comes for a short visit, not knowing why, yet sometimes seeming to divine a purpose."
23. "It is every man’s obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it."
24. "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better."
25. "Earth is the insane asylum of the universe."
26. "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
These were some of the most famous Albert Einstein quotes that reflect the wisdom the scientist was able to achieve during his life. We hope you enjoyed them, as they are definitely precious!