The Boldest Quotes About Fashion
Fashion has always been the subject of books, movies, quarrels, and love stories. Although the trends change from season to season, some fundamental rules still remain the same. It has always been a topic of conversation, not only among women but also among men.
Fashion is a magnificent art that influences the whole world, including you and me.
Some of the most representative quotes about fashion were made by famous designers such as Coco Chanel, Christian Dior, Giorgio Armani, Gianni Versace, and Yves Saint Laurent.
Which is better: to have an impeccable style, or to be fashionable? This is the question we ask ourselves when choosing an outfit.
The great fashion designers knew how to capitalize on their qualities, defining their own style. Everyone had a say in the world of international fashion, whether they were designers or fashion icons.
Here are 30 famous quotes about fashion, that can inspire us all:
1. "Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world." - Marilyn Monroe
2. "What you wear is how you present yourself to the world, especially today when human contacts are so quick. Fashion is instant language." - Miuccia Prada
3. "Create your own style, let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others." - Anna Wintour
4. "Design is a constant challenge to balance comfort with luxe, the practical with the desirable." - Donna Karan
5. "Luxury is the ease of a t-shirt in a very expensive dress" - Karl Lagerfeld
6. "In difficult times, fashion is always outrageous." - Elsa Schiaparelli
7. "One is never overdressed or underdressed with a Little Black Dress" - Karl Lagerfeld
8. "I wish I had invented blue jeans. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity - all I hope for in my clothes." - Yves Saint Laurent
9. "Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity." - Coco Chanel
10. "When you don't know what to wear, choose something red." - Bill Blass
11. "You can never take too much care over the choice of your shoes. Too many women think that they are unimportant, but the real proof of an elegant woman is what is on her feet." - Christian Dior
12. "Anyone can get dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their days off that are the most intriguing." - Alexander Wang
13. "Shoes transform your body language and attitude. They lift you physically, and emotionally." - Christian Louboutin
14."Fashion is what you're offered four times a year by designers. Style is what you choose." - Lauren Hutton
15. "Style is like a muscle, you have to practice it regularly, otherwise you lose it." - Nina Garcia
16. "Fashion is a muse, you have to seduce it." - Anna Dello Russo
17. "Isn't elegance forgetting what one is wearing?" - Yves Saint Laurent
18. "I always wear my sweater back-to-front; it is so much more flattering." - Diana Vreeland
19. "The dress must follow the body of a woman, not the body following the shape of the dress" - Hubert de Givenchy
20. "Fashion fades, style is eternal." - Yves Saint Laurent
21. "Elegance is the only beauty that does not wither." - Audrey Hepburn
22. "Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it." - Yves Saint Laurent
23. "Don't be into trends. Don't make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way to live." - Gianni Versace
24. "Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." - Coco Chanel
25. "In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" - Coco Chanel
26. "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things." - Jean Cocteau
27. "I wear my sort of clothes to save me the trouble of deciding which clothes to wear." - Katharine Hepburn
28. "The creative universe begins with its essentiality, and, whatever path the imagination takes, ends with its purity." - Giorgio Armani
29. "I love things that age well – things that don't date, that stand the test of time and that become living examples of the absolute best." - Giorgio Armani
30. "Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman." - Coco Chanel