The name "Coco Chanel" is an emblem, a standard, in the world of fashion. Considered to be one of the greatest designers of all times, Gabrielle Bonheur "Coco" Chanel revolutionized the fashion industry through her unique style and bold approaches. It's only natural that Time Magazine regarded her as one of the most influential women of the 20th century.
Coco Chanel has practically not only created a new brand, but also a new lifestyle in the 20s. She imposed a new image of an independent and modern woman, being the first woman to wear pants.
Initially, Mademoiselle Coco created mostly hats, after which she started to design clothes. It wasn't long before she started to create bags, jewelry, perfumes, footwear, and watches. Her inspiration resources were endless.
Her favorite fabrics were sweaters and tweed, while the suit became the star of her collections. When it came to colors, Coco Chanel preferred black, white, dark blue, beige, and gray.
The Unique Style of Coco Chanel
Coco Chanel’s style translates into elegance, refinement, modernity, combined with comfort. In her vision, the style is not improvised, it is cultivated with discipline, study, and passion: a rule that she has always followed with tenacity, dedication, and genius.
We are talking about a woman who created a style to which she remained faithful all her life. She wanted women to be at ease in their daily activities, replacing the corset with simple dresses and suits.
She launched the "T-shirt" and short hair, always presenting simplicity and elegance in her creations, managing to change the fashion of the 20s and thus increasing her popularity.
Coco Chanel was considered "the woman who took fashion down the street", her unique style marked the fashion world în a profound way.
Mademoiselle Coco can be outlined in two words: simplicity and elegance.
40 famous quotes of Coco Chanel
Here are some of the immortal quotes of Coco Chanel about life, style, and femininity that inspire us even today:
1. "In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different."
2. "Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance."
3. "I don’t do fashion, I am fashion."
4. "Fashion fades, only style remains the same."
5. "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous."
6. "I only drink Champagne on two occasions, when I am in love and when I am not."
7. "Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman."
8. "There are people who have money and people who are rich."
9. "Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.."
10. "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future."
11. "Fashion has two purposes: comfort and love. Beauty comes when fashion succeeds."
12. "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud."
13. "Success is most often achieved by those who don't know that failure is inevitable."
14. "Fashion is made to become unfashionable."
15. "Look for the woman in the dress. If there is no woman, there is no dress."
16. "You can be gorgeous at thirty, charming at forty, and irresistible for the rest of your life."
17. "Elegance does not consist in putting on a new dress."
18. "Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity."
19. "A woman has the age she deserves."
20. "The best things in life are free. The second best things are very, very expensive."
21. "Fashion is architecture: it is a matter of proportions."
22. "It is unseen, unforgettable, ultimate accessory of fashion that heralds your arrival and prolongs your departure."
23. "I like fashion to go down to the street, but I can’t accept that it should originate there."
24. "I was the one who changed, it wasn’t fashion. I was the one who was in fashion."
25. "A fashion that does not reach the streets is not a fashion."
26. "How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone."
27. "Those who create are rare; those who cannot are numerous. Therefore, the latter is stronger."
28. "Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence, but of those who have already taken possession of their future."
29. "Adornment, what a science! Beauty, what a weapon! Modesty, what elegance!"
30. "A woman can be overdressed but never over elegant."
31. "Dress like you are going to meet your worst enemy today."
32. "Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. Life shapes the face you have at thirty. But at fifty you get the face you deserve."
33. "A woman with good shoes is never ugly."
34. "Success is often achieved by those who don't know that failure is inevitable."
35. "The best color in the whole world is the one that looks good on you."
36. "Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door."
37. "Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury."
38. "Scheherezade is easy; a little black dress is difficult."
39. "Elegance is refusal."
40. "There is no time for cut-and-dried monotony. There is time for work. And time for love. That leaves no other time!"